dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

05 October 2007

The Unexplainable

by Ben

I read Isaiah 14-15.

Today is my day off. Some time ago, when I was first getting into writing on the dLog, I said that I couldn't post on my days off because it made me think about work. I would invariably end up checking my work e-mail and suddenly, I wasn't taking a Sabbath.

I realize now how foolish I was in saying this. I can read Scripture and post on days off without succumbing to work. It is more difficult now, as Kate and I don't have the Internet at home (I write this from the local library), but still feasible. I just have to make the time for it.

I found myself wanting to read today. Wanting the nourishment of Scripture. I have something moderately big to do today and I had the overwhelming feeling that I needed to read the Bible before I did it. That is a strange feeling to have. My last few posts have been more about feeling and interpretation of experience than about the actual content of the passages that I am reading, but I feel like that is what the prophets would have been interested in. They wrote things that probably didn't make a whole lot of sense to them (or anybody else around them). And so, here I am, trying to do the same thing. Not prophesy, by any means, but write the unexplainable.

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

Just found a note you left under my wrist rest for my keyboard. You rule. And major props for going to the library to post, keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home