dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

26 September 2007

Disciplined Life

by Ben

I read Isaiah 1-8.

It has been a while since I last posted, and sadly, since I last read Scripture on my own. I have really had a lapse in reading. I'm not sure what caused it, but I can tell you that there definitely have been effects. I feel very distant from God. It was actually work trying to convince myself to read today. Now, once I'd started, I just wanted to keep going, but I was having trouble taking it in. Mind you, Isaiah isn't a cakewalk, but my mind kept losing focus on what I was reading. I see the truth in the dLog's slogan. As a parallel, it has been a long time since I've worked out physically too. My first trip back to the YMCA was yesterday and it was an effort to get myself there, but once I was there, I wanted to keep exercising. Yet, my stamina was down and so I wasn't able to work out like I used to.

I am making it a goal to keep both my spiritual and physical workouts going. I feel that they are somehow connected. Dictionary.com defines "fitness" as "The state or condition of being fit; suitability or appropriateness." I think that in order to keep myself fit and appropriate for both this world and the next, I need to work on keeping a more "disciplined life."

1 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

I know what you mean about the connection between the two. I noticed back in college when, for the first time, I really started to read the Bible regularly I found other things clicking into place. One of the guys in my small group at the time said that was evidence of God working in your life and that discipline having a spreading effect.

On a side note, working out spiritually and physically are both done with a partner and I've definitely been letting you down on that. I think we both could find value in remembering that when we forget to post and comment on the dLog we're hurting each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home