dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

30 August 2007

Laugh!

By Matt

I read: Romans 12-13

"Laugh with your happy friends when they're happy; share tears when they're down" (Romans 12:14-15 or so).

I don't know where the dour-faced grumpy Christian perspective came from, but I'm positive that was never intended. Paul has a lot of great advice for living with other Christians in this chunk of chapter 12 but this one is my favorite. He's basically saying enjoy the good times together, be there for each other and take part in each others' sadness. It seems so obvious but it is very strange that fun and laughter and joking and enjoyment of life seem very dissonant from a "Christian" way of life. Guess that's why we have these books to set us straight :)

1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Ben George said...

That is the feeling that I have experienced in connection to the small group that I am in. Although we don't meet as frequently as I would like (mainly due to schedule conflicts), we really share in each other's joys and pains.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home