dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

05 April 2007

A prayer

by Ben

I tried to get on yesterday, but my internet at work wasn't working. So, here is yesterday's post, previously written in a notebook:

4/4/07
I read Psalm120-134.

Father God,
I write to you in this time of fear. I look around me, but don't know where to turn. I want to minister to your children, but don't know where to turn for help when this ministry is falling. Give me vision, Father, God of the Ages. God above all, grant me your peace. Deliver me from this worry. Bring me answers to my problems - show me who should lead your children, so that I may call to them for your glory. My Lord, my God, you have delivered me from strife and trial - I trust in the everlasting promises that you have given to your people, your beloved. In walking on your path, light my way, so that I may know where to step in following you. My king, you are worth of more than a thousand perfectly lived lifetimes - I pray that my gifts fulfill your heart's desire, that my service brings a smile to your gentle and trustworthy lips. Your grace surrounds my life - allow me to share that grace with your people, with the lost. You have proven yourself before me, O Lord. Time and heresy have tried you, and you have come through looking as clean as an infant babe. Wash us all in your perfect love, Father, so that we may know you and show your love to others.

In Christ,
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home