dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

19 March 2007

Order of the Psalms

by Ben

I read Psalm 84-89.

I'm reading through the Psalms using a guide: "How to Read the Bible Book by Book." It is pretty neat. It frames the Psalms into categories or sections. Each section focuses on different things. Specifically, Book 3 of the Psalms addresses the question of "How long?" - meaning how long must Israel wait for God to return His favor to them. Yet, this particular section is infused with moments of celebration.

As I read through the Psalms, I am becoming continually more interested in why they were placed in their specific order. More on this as I learn more.

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

My friend Kathy (the one who answered the Chronicles/Kings question) has a thing which groups the Psalms by type, lots of different categories. Is this the same kind of deal as what you have?

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Ben George said...

Something like that. You read them in order, but they group a few at a time based on overall themes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home