dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

06 March 2007

Getting Ready

by Ben

I read Psalm 57.

I find myself lacking energy this morning after getting up early to put on the Timken Young Life breakfast. I had to force myself to read today, as opposed to taking a nap. Here is a short piece of what I read:

"I'm ready, God, so ready,
ready from head to toe,
Ready to sing, ready to raise a tune:
"Wake up, soul!
Wake up, harp! wake up, lute!
Wake up, your sleepyhead sun!" (Psalm 57:7-8)

You have to love God's sense of humor. His putting something in front of you just when it would make sense. (Like finding the stone with the name of Pontius Pilate right after so many historians claimed he didn't exist.)

For me, today, I want to be able to proclaim these verses. I want to push past this exhaustion and weakness, and declare boldly, "I'm ready." Here we go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home