dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

15 February 2007

Getting it Together

by Ben

I read Psalm 31-33.

It's amazing to me when little pieces of Scripture jump out at me. Like Psalm 33:16-19:

"No king succeeds with a big army alone,
no warrior wins by brute strength.
Horsepower is not the answer;
no one gets by on muscle alone.

Watch this: God's eye is on those who respect him,
the ones who are looking for his love.
He's ready to come to their rescue in bad times;
in lean times he keeps body and soul together."


That to me summarizes the promise of the Gospel. This is how I view God. Some picture him as the shepherd carrying the lamb. Others think of him as a judge, slamming his gavel. Yet, others see him as a metaclorien force that flows through everything. For me, God is there. Ready. Waiting. Waiting for me. Waiting for all of us to get our acts together.

1 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

LOL, love the Star Wars reference :)

I am right there with you on the ready and waiting God. That's why I think the song "My Deliverer" by Rich Mullins is so powerful. It's a comforting thought to know that you have God looking out for you, on your side. I imagine that's the thought that gets people through the most horrific situations, the Hebrews in Egypt, the Jews in concentration camps . . . just the thought that God is somewhere outside the gates.

"My Deliverer is coming, my Deliverer is standing by."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home