dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

31 January 2007

Stirrings

By Matt

I read: Song of Songs 7-8

Even though I've read through several passages of praise for one's lover, I never really thought about the implications that brings. Evidently these two are warm for each other's form (I love that phrase) but somehow it doesn't come across as shallow or false when they talk constantly about just how good the other one looks. So, with that in mind take a look at this from chapter 6:
The feelings I get when I see the hight mountain ranges
--stirrings of desire, longings for the heights--
Remind me of you,
and I'm spoiled for anyone else!
I know the feelings that mountains can give and I know that comes from their God-given beauty and splendor and, well, that's a good thing. We're supposed to feel that way, recognize God's majesty and creativity. And if Solomon is experiencing the same thing lookin' at his woman, well . . . that can't be a bad thing, can it?

I already knew it wasn't, I was just messin' with you. Or really just trying to arrive somewhere. People say it a lot lately, but it's also true that people often forget that God gave us desire and sex and love. Why? Because he loves us and wants us to understand some of his goodness. The love we experience here on earth is a pale reflection of what he has in store for us and, just like everything else he's created, it's "good."

There is, of course, distortion and misuse of his creations all the time, but those are just that, distortions and misuses. However, what he has given us has its time and place and is meant to be used there. The stirrings we have for our lovers, when coupled with backed-up opinions and a committed relationship are, well, bomb-diggity. God is good and he gives us good gifts.

1 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Ben George said...

Amen. I can't imagine it being said any better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home