dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

24 January 2007

On the Job Training

by Ben

I read Job 1-42.

I guess I've really been getting into these last few books...because I find myself reading all the way through them (and it doesn't seem forced). They really interest me because you get the human side of the story. As I read through them, I can understand the feelings and emotions of the characters.

For example, as Job is debating with his friends about wisdom and the nature of God, I can see my friends and I sitting in a Starbucks having the same kinds of conversations (hopefully, with more love and care for the hurting individual). But I think it is interesting to hear what the "wise men" of Job's day were thinking about God. For those of us who have doubts, fears, questions, etc. regarding God (raise your hands!!), it is awesome to be able to see that people who lived in a completely different place and time felt some of the same feelings and wondered some of the same things.

As I read more of the Old Testament, I am inspired in my faith walk. So many times, we imagine the big names in faith to have gotten everything right. It is nice to read that they were human just like us and faced the same kinds of disbelief and misunderstanding of who God is and how He works.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

And I thought "1-42" must be a typo! I think that's really inspiring, seeing how you're reading huge chunks. Props to my man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home