dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

04 January 2007

Any More Questions?

By Matt
  1. "What is this--coming out after me with swords and clubs as if I were a dangerous criminal?" (Matthew 26:55) - I guess I can sympathize with the temple folks who would be afraid of a fight, maybe not by Jesus but his followers (as the ear-chopping demonstrates they weren't completely off). But it's true, Jesus came to bring peace so it is a mite ironic that they treat him as a criminal.
  2. "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" (Matthew 27:46)
I don't feel right answering the last question except to acknowledge that the answer has something to do with me. And so ends this exercise.

God, thank you for the record of Jesus' words and actions while he was here on earth. Help me to see the world through Jesus eyes and to have the courage and imagination to question what he questioned. In his name, amen.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Ben George said...

This past Sunday, we had a Baptismal Vow renewal (Baptism of our Lord Sunday). We each went forward to dip our hands in the font. To me it symbolized and reminded me of my call to be Jesus toward others. Much like Matt and I learned at NYWC, there is a lot more we can do to be Christ-like. A good part of me wants to shed the weight of busyness so that I can do more ministry. I've had a strong push to evangelize recently. I don't yet know who that will be to, but I know that it is coming. I want to make sure that I am clothed with Christ when unbelievers see me. And, as Matt said, I want to see them through Jesus' eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home