dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

07 December 2006

Spiritual Director

by Ben

I read 1 Chronicles 26-29 (finishing it out).

I choose to write today about some of my experiences during the National Youth Workers Convention.

While there, I had the opportunity to sign up to see a spiritual director. I recommend this to everyone! It was an incredible experience. My session was with Fil Anderson, author of the book "Running on Empty" - which I have written about on here a few times. Although he was my director, the session was definitely spirit-led. There are truths about my spiritual growth that had been bouncing around in my mind, but had never come together as complete thoughts until that day.

I think I've come to understand that we don't think or talk about our spirituality enough in our world. Not even within the church. I know that I have been looking for a peer or peers to help me go deeper in my faith, I just couldn't wrap my mind around it before that day. I see now what I need to do to meet that longing.

For your own spiritual well-being, I recommend finding a spiritual director or mentor. For me it was beneficial to help me identify my spiritual longings and how to address them (not make them go away).

Father, thank you for my time with Fil at the NYWC. Thank you for using him to help me see you clearer, and help me see myself clearer, too. God, please be with me as I seek to know you better. And please be with everyone who struggles to know you better. Thank you Father. Amen.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

You didn't know that? Isn't the dLog convincing of that fact? I could have just told you! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home