dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

05 March 2007

A Tense Moment in Time

by Ben

I read Psalm 48-56.

This morning, I have felt really frustrated about some things in my life. I would even say that I was angry at some people who have directed some rude and mean comments my way. Of course, when thinking in this manner, I merely drive myself to get more angry with the people. I'm one who plays out future events in my mind. Often, when I'm frustrated with someone, these imagined events only fuel the fire.

But as I felt this anger inside of me, I also felt guilty for feeling that way. I spent time with God, asking Him to help me release this tension, yet I find that it keeps coming back into my mind. I prayed for the person that I am frustrated with: that God would bless them and that He would help us resolve our differences.

Yet this nagging feeling remains. I find here that David's words connect with me. Psalm 56:11, according to The Message, reads, "Fearless now, I trust in God; what can mere mortals do to me?"

This helps to remind me that this struggle, this tension, is only temporary. That in the grand scheme of my life (and hopefully afterlife), this is but a tiny issue. I still pray that this conflict is resolved, but I know that God is watching over it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home