dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

14 March 2007

The Real World

by Ben

I read Psalm 79-83.

I've recently become more and more interested in Apologetics. I think this may be because I've gotten to a place where I really don't doubt God's existence. (That is not to say that I don't have big questions) And as I grow in my understanding of God and in my relationship to Him, I want others to experience it too. The most visual stumbling block for people that I see is their disbelief. I see this most readily in my youth. They always seem to fall back on the "how can it really be true" approach. And I think that this philosophy is permeating culture. The implications of this ideology are great. Obviously, I'm concerned for the eternal souls of my youth (and family, neighbors, strangers, etc.). And even though many call themselves Christians, they have not had a major change in the way they live their lives.

Now, it could be said that many people are "pretty good" - but if we took seriously that there is a God that created us and then redeemed us from our own sin, we would spend every opportunity we had thanking, praising, and honoring Him. Yet, we don't see this happening. I feel that part of this is due to doubt. Satan has crept into our minds and planted seeds of doubt. So many seeds that we've got a forest of doubts starting. Enough that they are starting to block out the light.

It is time to get our loppers of truth out and take back our minds. I'm working on an hour-long apologetics presentation (with many large thanks to the presenters at OCEA). I intend to present the material to my youth in a few weeks. When people are faced with the information supporting the truth of the gospel, they are called to make a choice. Blue pill or red pill? Do you turn from your ways and follow God whole-heartedly or do you ignore the reality presented and continue to live in a temporary construct?

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

That sounds awesome! Want to send me that presentation? What's OCEA? And there's going to be a National Apologetics Conference here in Charlotte next fall. It sold out last year, and I think Frank Turek was there. You know, in case you have any cont. ed. money left ;)

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Ben George said...

I'll send you what I have. And it was the Ohio Christian Educators Association. That would be a cool conference to go to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home