dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

28 March 2007

Sharpening Iron

by Ben

I read Psalm 110-118.

This is a collection of praise Psalms. As I read them, I felt a sense of the authors' excitement. What a fun place spiritually, when we are ready to praise God with our whole being. These Psalms, to me, example part of why Christian community is so important.

There are those who believe that they can connect to God on their own and really don't need the church or "religion." This thinking is misguided (even by Biblical principles: Proverbs 27:17). As I sat and read, I got a piece of how another believer connected to God. The Bible is the prime example of Christian community. These writers shared their thoughts in order for others to hear them. I think that in doing so, they did not expect other believers to keep their God-connections to themselves.

So here we are, writing on a blogsite, with the prayer that believers in every time and place will communicate their expressions of God. The Bible is our picture of God, through the eyes of His people. We are called to share in that multi-generational discussion.

1 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

That's an interesting comparison between the dLog and the Bible, I like that. Does this mean we need to be advertising more? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home