dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

20 March 2007

The Reveal

by Ben

I read Psalm 90-106.

Psalms 105 and 106 are fabulous. Read them. Seriously, pull out your copy of the Message and read them. I'll wait.





Did you read them? I mean it. Do it! I'll be here when you get back.






Don't you think that is a cool synopsis of the early Old Testament? For me, it is neat to see the whole picture put together. As a child, I thought of the Bible as a collection of stories with good morals. As I have read and learned more, I realize the development of a history. But not only that, I feel my connection to that history; I find my place in it. When I see how we transition from Abraham to Moses and on through the history, I see how it inevitably leads to Jesus. Then, when I have the full picture, I see how we get to today and how our world is leading toward the Revelation of God. From the moment that Adam and Eve shared the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, we have been on this path leading to the full understanding of good and evil. For better or for worse, we seek truth in all things. We seek to know more, to understand more, to recognize more. I think it is interesting that the Bible ends in a reveal of the true forms of good and evil. And we're in a fortunate position right now, knowing what it to come. We are fools if we don't take action and follow God.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

Very, very interesting. I know what you mean about connecting to our history, and I think that's my draw to Jewish customs. In many ways, the Jews today are still practicing the same customs and rituals that the Jesus and the disciples would have. That's crazy! I love that.

You know, I was kind of weirded out about Psalm 105. It was good and happy and full of positive stuff but the whole time I was thinking, "Umm, what about the Israelites messing up big time over and over?" Aha, it's in 106. I think that these two Psalms have to go together: Psalm 105 is how good God is and Psalm 106 is how dumb we are :)

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Ben George said...

Yeppers! We can't overlook our own stupidity. If we are ever feeling proud, we just need to re-read any part of the Old Testament and realize that we're just like the people in the histories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home