dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

17 August 2006

Quiet Time

by Ben

I guess I'm into a kick of using for my personal Scripture time the materials that I'm going to have my youth group using. I started out today using one of the Quiet Time Journals that came in a pack that I ordered from Simply Youth Ministry. It was great!

I read just a short Scripture passage:

Isaiah 40: 29-31
He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint (NLT).

And then read a short thought relating to the Scripture: "Even the strongest people get tired at times, but God’s power and strength will never diminish. He is never too tired or too busy to help and listen. His strength is our source of strength. When you feel all of life crushing you and you cannot go another step, remember that you can call upon God to renew your strength."

I then thought about how tired and tense I feel all of the time and wondered where this came from. In prayer, I gave all of my stress and my stressors up to God (unfortunately, not a short list). Then, I simply took some quiet time and listened for God's voice. Sure, I got distracted a bit, but overall, I really was focused and felt God's presence. Cool.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

< Applause >

 

Post a Comment

<< Home