dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

15 August 2006

Prayer Time

by Ben

It is Tuesday and I am taking some prayer time. So far, I've been pretty good at taking time to read and journal about Scripture, but I haven't done anywhere near as good of a job at taking time to pray. Meals, bedtime, and short prayers yes, I've kept up with. But since camp, I haven't just sat down to spend time with God. So, I'm off...I expect Satan to try to distract me. Please pray for my focus and willingness to be with God. And to fill the void of talking about Scripture, a prayer that I wrote halfway through the summer:

God,

Help me to give of myself all that you have given me. Especially when I don't feel like it. On good days and bad days. Help me to love every individual as if they were you. God, give me patience and strength. Help me to care and pray for all of your children that you put in my path. Thank you, Father, for the opportunity to serve.

In Jesus, my Christ,
Ben

1 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

I think the part about loving others as God is very interesting. We're commanded to "love others as ourselves" but I see exactly what you mean, especially since one of the best places to find Christ is among "the least of these." What a weird phrase that is. Anyways, good post and I'll pray for your praying :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home