dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

10 March 2006

NOT A REAL POST

Hey all. I intend to do my reading and post for today later this evening, but this post is merely a youth worker asking for ideas. In the coming weeks (starting the 19th), my youth Sunday school class will be diving into reading and connecting the stories of the Bible (radical, I know) and I am looking for a creative way of visual record-keeping. Some suggestions so far: painting or drawing 1' x 1' blocks representing each story; dressing the youth up as the characters, posing them in recognisable story reference positions and taking photos of them (maybe edited on computer) (also my favorite idea so far); hiring someone to create something for me. Any ideas? Just looking for thoughts.

Really, the whole thing comes down to that the kids (and I think kids in general; I know my generation didn't at that age) don't know the stories or how they connect. My hope is that going through the stories, explaining how they relate into the larger story of the Bible, and having visuals to remind them will give the youth a better understanding of why the Bible is important. It is one thing to know the general ideas of the Bible (be nice, help people out) and a wholly different thing to understand why. Thoughts?

1 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

I know the one thing that helps me keep the OT in perspective is knowing that it's Jesus' lineage. Some sort of timeline or family tree type thing that goes from Adam to Jesus would be pretty cool. And you could have branches off of it connecting to the pictures you were talking about, also a great idea. That make sense?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home