dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

09 March 2006

Monotony

So, I'm not really as hot to trot for 2 Kings any more :)

I read: 2 Kings 14-16

More kings not doing the good things and their lives ending in tragic circumstances with a cryptic footnote that their lives are continued in more detail in the Chronicles of the Kings, which I'm assuming is the book we know today as Chronicles. Oh joy to that one :)

So, I got to thinking: really, why is this stuff even in the Bible? How is this enlightening or encouraging at all? I don't get it. But then I remembered, the kings are the line of David and the line of David is the line of Christ.

Our Messiah comes from a family tree this screwed up? Yeah, there are weird families out there but not many where one branch is trying to cut off the one below it. It's wild.

Ah yes, Jesus is human too. And being human is having a weird family. Now I get it :)

2 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger joeldaniel said...

"and being human is having a weird family. now i get it."

lol...that's great.

and, actually practical, too.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Ben George said...

ditto to joel! Matt, your ability to find the silver lining is incredible. Keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home