dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

08 March 2006

Youth Specialties Conference 2006!

Tangent: I was supposed to meet today for Quail Hollow to determine the "next steps" this morning but the meeting got postponed due to illness of the Assoc. Pastor. I think this job is in the bag so another 24 hours isn't a big deal but I woud kinda like to know for sure that I'm employed :) But, a part of the job that I'm assuming (which is a bad thing to do but I the right signs are in place) I'll get is continuing education money. So, I got to thinking about where that could be wisely spent . . .

Last year I know Joel went to the Pittsburg Youth Specialties conference and Ben and I wished we could go. So, I went to youthspecialties.com to check out when/where the conferences would be held this year. CHARLOTTE FREAKING NORTH CAROLINA and CINCINATTI FLIPPIN' OHIO. So, it'd be cool to all go to the same one and hang-out and what not so I was thinking maybe we could get together some sort of consensus on Cincy or C-lot and begin developing plans accordingly.

If we do Charlotte I could make sure you guys have a place to stay for free obviously :) The drive is 7-7.5 hours and not bad. And best of all, you could escape Ohio at the end of November/beginning of December. And since I'll know the host city by that point, we'd know the cool places to go when we're not doin' the learnin'. So, my vote is for Charlotte but I'm definitely open to Cincy should you guys want to do that. I realize that Joel has a bunch of folk at his church that probably want to go too so that might be a big consideration.

Anyways, let me know what y'all are thinking and we'll go from there!

4 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Ben George said...

I like the idea. Do you know dates and cost(s) off-hand?

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

Crap, I thought I posted the info but it's not here. Ah well, here goes:

Charlotte is Nov. 30-Dec. 4. Cincy is Nov. 16-20.

Both venues are $320 for registration before July 14th. After that it jumps up to $350 before Sept. 1. And then $375 before Oct. 20.

And that was all from memory! :D

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger novelesm said...

Very nice Wiggins :-)

I'm kind of interested in this. $285 to chill with Doug Fields, David Crowder Band, and MATTWIGGINS!!!

You can't beat that with a stick :-)

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

Whoa, AND ESM? Now that would be a party. You should come, it'd be like the first dLog writers and regular reader convention! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home