dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

15 February 2006

Work Work Work

Read: 2 Thessalonians 1-3

Last day with the 2 Thess! The bulk of chapter three covers something that I don't often think about in relation to Christianity: the importance of doing good work. Not ministry work or spiritual work, but the day-to-day nitty-gritty of putting food on the table. It's not some namby-pamby chapter about putting up with lazy people and helping them out. In point of fact, it's quite the opposite. Paul is laying down the law here: you don't work, you don't eat. It's an interesting thing, not quite something I expect to see in the Bible, let alone the New Testament.

I wonder why Paul was so worked up about this topic (ha!). It seems an obvious one and not one that has a whoel lot of ramifications outside the practical. Not quite sure what the significance is here but I think it's significant or else it wouldn't have so much airtime in the chapter.

I want to do good work. Hear that, future employer? Let me do good work for you :)

Maybe it's just work that's on my mind ;)

1 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger novelesm said...

Wiggins, you're nuts :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home