dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

20 February 2006

Not a Monastic Retreat

I wish I could say I didn't post this weekend because of a retreat, but I can't, just suck :(

Anyways, here's what's up: while spending time in prayer yesterday morning, mostly focusing on the job search (God must be seek of hearing about that by now), I got a kinda powerful notion that maybe I should do some fasting this week before the interview I have with Huntersville Presbyterian Church this Wednesday evening (http://www.hpcpatch.org in case you were wondering). So, here's what I came up with: I'm going to do a sunrise to sunset fast on Tuesday and Wednesday because, well, I haven't really ever done it (I suppose the 30 Hour Famine counts in some ways) and I feel like it might be very beneficial to me, to really bring me to a point of needing God. Still drinking water and some Gatorade perhaps (have two left), just no food during daylight.

At church yesterday the reading focused on Abraham and the start of his story where he was called out of his homeland, out of his father's house, and into what God's much bigger plan for his life. Hearing those words (again, for the first time!) really spoke to me too so I think I will spend a good chunk of time over the next two days looking at the life of Abraham and perhaps some others who left their homes (Rahab comes to mind). And about fasting. So, if you guys have suggestions about reading I should do, I would welcome it.

So, this will be an exciting thing and I'm looking forward to the experience and what I'll be learning. I think it's something from God and I have a great peace about doing it. Your prayers in support of this and of my interview with HPC on Wednesday night. It seems like a neat church, it's PC(USA) which is my own upbringing, and they're youthspecialties.com job posting has been up since November so hopefully they're desparate ;) Thanks, guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home