dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

27 February 2006

he finally returns

i'm back.

sorry about the long absence.

matt 26

verse 56

"then all the disciples cut and ran."

i don't think that needs any expounding.

matt 27

at the very beginning of this chapter, Judas comes to his sense and returns the money. the pharisees response fascinates me. they realize the wrongness of what they're doing and try to cover it up by using the money for a good purpose. what a weird understanding of God. that you can somehow appease him with good works in one area, when your actions in another area suck. hmm.


in other news...Lent begins on Wednesday. and for Lent i'm going to join with my friend, austin (www.biblereaders.co.nr) in reading through the Bible. this might seem like somewhat of an audacious quest from a man who just missed an entire week of dLog, but i also know that the larger the challenge, the better i tend to respond. and when i look at my life, i get a lot of sleep & take a lot of breaks. and when i look at what i did to myself in college, i realize that i definitely have some flex right now that i could exploit for a task such as this. so wednesday...here comes something. i will finish matt tomorrow, so that i may commence with the entire book of Genesis on Wednesday. hmm...it took me a month to finish matt. this could get interesting.

3 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

Succint, pithy, and wise. Good to have you back :)

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Ben George said...

Joel! Good to have you back! Very cool about the Biblereaders...I'm in! Can't wait to see what this journey brings!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

Somehow I missed that whole last paragraph about the Biblereaders. I think it's a cool idea and I will be there to kick you two in the butts if you get behind but I'm going to bow out.

I think right now I want to focus on the huge chunks of the OT that I don't know and that's where I will be spending my time for the next few months. And coming up for air in the NT every once in a while :) Godspeed on that, fellas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home