dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

16 April 2007

Peace

by Ben

I read Psalm 138-145.

My mind wandered a lot today while I read. I was having mild bouts with doubt about my actions as a youth leader. I say mild because as I read I was reassured that I am doing God's work. Not so much by the words, but merely by the comfort of reading Scripture.

I probably couldn't tell you much about what I read (even though I read it out loud, pronouncing every word). But I can tell you that I am at peace right now. "A peace that passes all understanding..." I think I get that phrase a little more.

I could be worried about whether my youth will ever be connected to God and whether I'm doing the best I could or if someone else could do my work better, but as each of those things come to mind, I get a whoosh of reassuring that feels like "You are doing everything that you should be doing." How cool is that?

2 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

Just look at what Paul says in 1 Timothy 1: "I'm so grateful to Christ Jesus for making me adequate to do this work. He went out on a limb, you know, in trusting me with this ministry."

If Paul can sometimes feel insecure about the job he's doing, I don't think there's anything wrong with the rest of us feeling like that!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Ben George said...

Amen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home