dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

05 January 2008

Baby Steps

by Ben

I read Isaiah 50-55.

Have you ever had a moment where God so convicted your heart, that it caused you to react in obedience?

Tonight, as Kate and I sat talking about the future, both hopes and doubts, I sensed that I was really far from God. I told Kate about the feeling and she said a very simple, but very poignant thing: that's not where we should be while we are trying to discern.

Our discussion turned very serious and became a time of confession about our joint and individual prayer life. We agreed to setup a routine, in order to help us make God a priority in our lives. (Yes, sometimes even Youth Pastors struggle with daily prayer)

So, here I am tonight, writing, after having read a small chunk of Isaiah, finding it difficult to comment on what I read. I think it is difficult to expound on the prophets anyway, but I am truly struggling tonight.

I think maybe this is the beginning of my 40 days in the wilderness. I want to follow God, but it is difficult to find Him. Because of my own disobedience, He seems far away.

I know He is calling, so I push on to find Him. I plan to keep going, although I know that I will face strong resistance. I am saddened to know that this will take on many familiar forms. Nevertheless, I know that I have been called to walk. And as the proverb goes: a journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step. So, let's get to it.

1 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

Lisa and I are definitely struggling in setting up routines to take care of domestic stuff; spiritual stuff is an even bigger hurdle for some reason. I think that's just a hurdle that has to do with integrating two lives together and it's going to take some practice. Especially if one or both of the people is notoriously bad at what they're supposed to be doing anyways ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home