dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

06 June 2006

Adrenaline

I read: Hebrews 12-13

Today's verses aren't really something that I have elaborate thoughts on; instead they just jumped right off the page at me. And that's something! So, I'm sharing: "Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed--that exhilarating finish in and with God--he could put up with anything along the way: cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!" (Hebrews 12:1-3)

I don't think I'll ever face anything in terms of suffering that even compares with what Christ faced, mentally, spiritually, or physically. And I'm thankful for that, for many reasons. Especially since it doesn't leave me any room to whine. At all. Whatsoever. None! And all of us drama-prone humans need that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home