dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

31 May 2006

40

I read: Hebrews 10-11

The one huge downside of The Message is the lack of study helps. Reading today I came across a section where Paul was quoting from Jesus: "You don't want sacrifices year after year; you've prepared a body for me for a sacrifice. It's not fragrance and smoke from the altar that whet your appetite. So I said, "I'm here to do it your way, O God, the way it's described in your Book."

Where he heck did Jesus say that? So, I scurried over to biblegateway.com and looked it up. Psalm 40. Hmmmm. Psalm 40 is written by David. It's also been translated into a great song by U2 ("40"). But, there it is. Who knew? How bizarre? The words of the savior coming through the pen of a king of Israel. Truly bizarre but very, very neat. I gotta tell you: there's way more in the Psalms than I ever thought possible.

1 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Ben George said...

That confuses me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home