dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

20 March 2006

I suck.

I really don't have any excuse for the lack of posts :( But I will assure you that I'm behind on two other writing assignments, one even being a paid one. I'm going to work hard to get back on track, but it's going to be even harder with my brother and his friend coming down for the rest of the week.

What's making things so trying? Started working officially today, unofficially yesterday. It's youth ministry, this is my thing, right? It's feeling very overwhelming right now. JKPC was a very easy gig comparitively, I knew the congregation, I knew the kids, I knew what was expected. Yesterday and today I have met more new people than I have ever met at once before. I'm being bombarded with the realities of being at a new church who, while not being wholly dissimilar from JKPC, still has their own way of doing things. Not reinventing the wheel, I suppose, just releaning how to make it roll.

To be completely honest, the overwhelmed feeling also has me feeling a little bit inadequate, like I'm in a futile exercise where I'm doomed to failure already. It's an attack, nothing unexpected, but I'm just a little tense right now and wanting to make everything perfect starting five days ago. So, dealing with that. I would definitely appreciate prayers that I settle down, find my stride, and start making in-roads with the kids, the parents, the volunteers, the staff, and whoever else is going to be apart of this crazy shebang. I know that this is where I'm meant to be, I know this is what I am meant to do. It should be an easy thing to be confident but it's not right now. I am working on it. I need to be reading and praying so harass me without stopping if I'm slacking. Check your email for my new cell # :)

Thanks, guys!

2 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Ben George said...

Matt, of course we are praying for you! Two days in and overwhelmed! No surprise there: they've hired a youth ministry expert and expect him to solve the problems of the world. However, there's good news: I just saved a bunch....nevermind. The reality is that you aren't alone in this (and I don't just mean that Joel and I are with you). You've got the best coach that ever existed designing your plays. He's working out how you'll get to know everybody and how you'll begin to feel comfortable. All you are expected to do is observe, try, re-examine, and try again. God be with you.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

"I just saved a bunch . . ." LOL!

Thanks, Ben :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home