dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

14 March 2006

The Good Life

by Ben

I read Deuteronomy 8-10.

First of all, let me say how great my Confirmation Class is: we had a lesson last night about Christ's sacrifice for our sins. The youth were right on board and seemed to take the discussion seriously. (I really felt good after the class) If anyone from the class is reading, I love you all!

For today's entry, we move from Christ's sacrifice, to our own. Take out your Bible and actually read Deuteronomy 10:12-18. I'll wait...

Okay. That passage sums up what God has been trying to get across to the Israelites throughout the whole of their journey through the wilderness. Moses (with a little help from Mr. Peterson) puts it very simply:

"Live in [God's] presence in holy reverence, follow the road he sets out for you, love him, serve God, your God, with everything you have in you, obey the commandments and regulations of God that I'm commanding you today -- live a good life."

These people, the Israelites, have been given every break possible. And in reality, God doesn't expect much in return. Ten simple rules and live a good life.

1 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

"Ten Simple Rules"? Sounds like a sitcom :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home