dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

01 August 2007

My Flock

by Ben

I read Proverbs 25-27.

There are many wise sayings in this section, but the last one is what struck me the most:

"Know your sheep by name; carefully attend your flocks; (Don't take them for granted; possessions don't last forever, you know.) And then, when the crops are in and the harvest is stored in the barns, You can knit sweaters from the lambs' wool, and sell your goats for a profit; There will be plenty of milk and meet to last your family through the winter." (Proverbs 27:23-27)

I realize that as I've been getting ready for this fall's youth ministry program that I've been working so hard on the program part of it that I really haven't tended my flock. I haven't contacted 85% of the kids. I want to see them, to hear about their lives, and to reassure them that I am available to them. As of yet, my program will do this, but it hasn't done it yet. I'm going to call some kids today - just to chat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home