dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

07 May 2007

Repetiousness

Read: Psalm 132-136

Our culture doesn't like repetition. In order for something to be worth our time, our money, our attention, it has to be new, creative, different. To repeat something that's already been done...what's the point? I've been there, done that, bought the perverbial t-shirt. We revel in new experiences. Relevent has become a synonym for brand-new.

Psalm 136 takes all this and turns it on its head. God realizes that sometimes we need things pounded into our skulls before we can really grasp them. His love endures forever. His love endures forever. His love endures forever . 26 times in 26 verses. His love endures forever. In good times and bad. His love endures forever. In jubilee and sorrow. His love endures forever. In very imaginable circumstance and completely beyond my finite comprehension. His love endures forever.

I don't understand this God. I've squandered endless amounts of this love. I've rejected it and scorned it. I've mocked it and tried to turn away from it. Yet his love endures forever.

And he reminds me again, because I easily forget. Over and over. And over.

His love endures.

Forever.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

His love endures forever :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home