dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

07 September 2006

Hallelujah

by Ben

I read 1 Samuel 15-17.

Saul has messed up and God has turned His back on him. God's got a new man for the job of King of Israel and we meet him as the young shepherd boy, David. David is a pretty good kid, decent harp player, and although the youngest of his family, he gets some pretty quick promotions. In chapter 17, we get the full David vs. Goliah match.

The whole time while reading, I kept hearing Rufus Wainwright in my head. Separate from the dlog, I have been reading the Psalms and I am looking forward to pairing up the two images I have of David. Too often, I forget that the big names of the Bible were once children (in reality, some of them were children when they did what they were famous for). I guess that only strenthens Paul's charge to Timothy (and all young people).

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

That's a really interesting thought, pairing the David we read about and the David that he writes himself. I think it's a very cool thought that we can read about him and then read his own thoughts on what was going down. In the same way I love it when I find that Paul or Jesus or someone is referring to the Old Testament in their sayings or writings. Makes everything seem a little closer to know that we're reading the same thing and wishing upon the same bright start.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home