dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

01 May 2006

There and back again

by Ben

I read Judges 1-3.

These Israelites just can't keep it together. They go back and forth between following God (when they have a tangible leader) and then going astray. God's anger and pity go back and forth for the Israelites because of their flippant faith (say that 5 times fast!).

It is disheartening to know that I am just like the Israelites. To think that as close as I am to God right now, that as early as tomorrow I could turn my back on Him. It makes me feel remorse...for my past lack of faith and for my future times of not trusting.

God, I pray for the ability to see and trust you always. Let your will be done even if I don't know what it is. Father, help me to seek you.

1 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

ESPECIALLY when we don't know what it is :)

Good post, B!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home