dLog

"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." -Paul

31 October 2006

A New Elijah

by Ben

Hey all! I was reading one of the Princeton Theological Seminary Institute for Youth Ministry Lectures online (http://www.ptsem.edu/iym/research/lectures/downloads/1996/1996%20Maas%20Piper%20or%20Prophet.pdf).

Wow...it is so inspiring. Exactly what I needed today. Often, I forget why I do what I do. Yes, I know that I'm supposed to point to God, but I sometimes get down because I focus on myself. In this lecture, Robin Mass reminds youth workers that we are to be like the prophet John. We are to point to the light, not be the light.

Mass ends her lecture with the challenge to become like a new Elijah: "This new Elijah is not someone who will have to go looking for young listeners. They will come flocking - because they are looking for the light. And they are ready to do something about it."

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Matt Wiggins said...

Wow, it's long and I'll read it at some point but just not quite yet :) THanks for sharing that and the reminder, good stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home